Memery is about capturing the important moments in the world as they happen in an authentic manner (unedited, unfiltered, and in context). Toward this end we have created some guidelines to make Memery a fun and rewarding experience for all of its users.
These Community Guidelines are in addition to the General Prohibitions set out in our Terms of Service. Please note that, unless we define a term in these Community Guidelines, all capitalized terms used in these Community Guidelines have the same meanings as in our Terms of Service.
We encourage you to use Memery to capture special moments in your life and the world, but we ask you to be respectful to others in the Memery community while doing so.
- Do not publicly share explicitly graphic content or content that encourages or promotes violent, dangerous, or illegal acts or substances, or actions that are threatening to any person or entity.
- Do not publicly share videos that are overly sexual or pornographic in nature, obscene or vulgar.
- Do not publicly share hateful content that is discriminatory to any individual or group.
- Do not impersonate another person or user. Do not create multiple accounts.
- Do not spam.
- Do not abuse orharass or stalk any other person, or post someone else’s private, confidential information anywhere in Memery.
- Do not edit, spoof, or post content that you did not take yourself, or that infringes any third party’s intellectual property rights.
Memery reserves the right to allow sensitive content in our absolute discretion. We may determine that sensitive content is historically or culturally important, artistic, educational, scientific, or newsworthy. Memery should not be used for unlawful purposes or in the furtherance of illegal activities, or to encourage or enable any other person to do so.
Explicit graphic content includes, but is not limited to, depictions of child abuse, animal abuse, or acts of sadism or masochism.
Hateful content includes, but is not limited to, content that promotes or condones violence or harm against individuals or groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, nationality, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity.
Memery Accounts are intended to be associated with a single specific person and to reflect that person’s real name. Do not impersonate someone else even if it is for humor or parody.
You may only have one Memery Account. If a second account was inadvertently created by you or on your behalf you may seek Memery’s assistance in combining those accounts by sending an email to email@example.com.
Memery seeks to be an environment that is free of spam. Do not use Memery to spam other Memery users in any way. This will result in your account being suspended.
Examples of spam include:
- Malware / Phishing: publishing or linking to malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another user’s account or device. Any activity intended to obtain private account information or passwords.
- Selling Accounts: purchasing or selling Memery accounts.
- Invitation Spam: repeatedly following or unfollowing people.
- Tag or Comment Spam: posting tags or comments intended for the sole purpose of promoting a product or service. Posting tags or comments that have the sole purpose of sending a person to another site.
- Content Spam:
- Creating video for the sole purpose of directing users to an external site or service.
- Purchasing emotional gestures, views, or any other action to increase the popularity of a video.
- Using or promoting third-party sites that claim to get you more followers.
Infringing content is content that infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy. If you post someone else’s videos without their permission, you could be posting infringing content.